Juniper Cascade

This tree was first styled about 8 years ago from a container grown plant. I reckon it’s about 30 years old. I originally decided on a cascade style because I fancied the challange.

This is the tree before our recent work started. The bottom 2 branches became the victims of a garden strimmer a couple of years ago and the lowest is showing good signs of recovery.

Ian and I discussed these bottom branches at length. He wanted to Jin them. I was reluctant as I initially wanted to see them recover more and be incorporated into the design. Eventually we decided to go with Ians recommendation .

The wiring and styling took a couple of afternoons even though we did not really fine wire every branch. This is the tree at the mid way stage with the apex wired and styled .


The finished tree

This is a view of the tree sideways showing the Jin detail of the lowest  branch

The re-styling has resulted in the apex and some of the lower branches being brought forward toward the viewer. It has also resulted in a more compact tree which will be a real advantage as the pads fill out in future years.

The tree needs to fill out a lot and I am looking forward to a what a good feed and maintainance regime will produce next year.







This entry was posted in Blog, Case Histories and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.